The following information is applicable to people who are fully vaccinated and traveling from Vanuatu to Sweden.View restrictions for unvaccinated travelers
Governments are changing their policies rapidly in response to the Omicron variant. We recommend checking in regularly and verifying requirements with the linked sources before making travel plans.
Entry restricted for international travelers
Most travelers are not allowed to enter Sweden.
Sweden applies entry requirements according to the last country you enter from, even if this is only a transit country. Please check the entry requirements from the last country you enter Sweden from as well.
Entry restrictions do not apply to:
- Swedish citizens;
- Citizens of another EEA state, Switzerland, Andorra, Monaco, San Marino, or the Vatican;
- Residents of Sweden or another EU country;
- UK citizens who are holding or have applied for residence status;
- Individuals holding a residence permit or right to reside in Sweden or another EEA state, holders of a national (class D) visa for Sweden, or a national (class D) visa valid for more than three months in another EEA country, Andorra, Monaco, San Marino, Switzerland or the Vatican;
- Individuals with a documented family connection to a Swedish citizen, EEA citizen, or a foreigner holding residence permit, residence status, or national (class D) visa in Sweden or an EEA country.
- Residents of exempted countries;
- Fully vaccinated travelers with vaccine certificates issued in an approved country.
Please check our source for more detailed information about exemptions.
Transit is allowed with restrictions
Travelers are allowed to transit through Sweden. Please check the documentation, quarantine, and/or testing requirements before traveling.
Before You Leave
Proof of negative pre-departure COVID-19 test results
All travelers are required to present a negative COVID-19 (PCR, LAMP, TMA, or antigen) test result from a test taken a maximum of 48 hours before arrival to Sweden.
Travelers with access to the EU Digital Certificate may use it to present proof. Home tests are not accepted.
Approved vaccination certificates and/or the EU Digital Certificate can no longer be used in lieu of the COVID-19 test result.
This requirement does not apply to:
- Travelers under the age of 12;
- Swedish citizens and residents;
- Travelers in need of international protection or with other humanitarian grounds.
Please see the source for more information about exemptions.
- A Pcr Test Up To 48 hours
- A Lamp Test Up To 48 hours
- A Antigen Test Up To 48 hours
- A Tma Test Up To 48 hours
Mandatory proof of vaccination
Travelers must present a valid EU Digital COVID Certificate or equivalent or may be required to comply with rules for unvaccinated travelers.
Only vaccines certificates issued in the EU/ EEA or in Albania, Andorra, Armenia, El Salvador, Faroe Islands, Georgia, Guernsey, Isle of Man, Israel, Morocco, Moldova, Monaco, New Zealand, North Macedonia, Panama, San Marino, Serbia, Singapore, Switzerland, Togo, Turkey, Ukraine, United Kingdom, United States, Vatican City, United Arab Emirates, Cabo Verde, and Lebanon will be accepted.
Travelers with access to the EU Digital Certificate or NHS COVID Pass may use it to present proof. The EU Digital COVID Certificate or correspondent may include a full vaccination course against COVID-19, a negative test taken a maximum of 72 hours before arrival, or recovery from COVID-19 in the last 6 months.
Vaccines accepted are Pfizer/BioNTech, AstraZeneca, Moderna, Janssen, Sinopharm, and Sinovac. For more details, please see the source.
This requirement does not apply to:
- Travelers under the age of 18.
Recommended COVID-19 test after arrival
The Swedish government recommends all travelers get tested for COVID-19, regardless of their vaccination statuses, after arriving in Sweden.
No quarantine required
Travelers are not required to self-quarantine on arrival in Sweden.
While You're There
Masks are recommended on public transportation
Travelers are recommended to wear masks on public transportation.
COVID-19 Risk Information
Use of mask
View the Return Trip
Coming SoonYour Travel Planning Assistant
Receive more specific travel restriction information for each leg of your trip. Access your trip details all in one place.
Join over 18,000 travelers on the waitlist to use this free service.