Traveling to Dubai during the COVID Pandemic
From Morocco on
View Current Restrictions
Dubai is open with very little restrictions. We had to take a COVID test on arrival. A QR sticker was put on the back of our passports, and results were uploaded a few hours later.
- How did you enter the country?
- Any difficulties with your vaccination card when entering the destination?
- There were no difficulties with our paper CDC cards.
- Did your children need to be vaccinated before arriving? If so, which ages? Also, did they need to wear a mask?
- Children under the age of 12 do not need an arrival test or vaccination certificates if they are traveling with a vaccinated parent.
- Did the local government ask for travel or health insurance when you arrived?
- We used our health insurance that comes with our credit card and had no issues. It was only checked at the ticket counter and not at arrival.
- Was your COVID test result accepted?
- Were you selected for a random health check? If so, what was involved and how did it go?
- No, I was not selected for a random health check. However, most people are required to take a COVID test on arrival.
- If needed, were COVID tests easy to find and book at your destination?
- COVID tests were super easy to find and results normally came back in a few hours.
- Was this destination abnormally crowded or empty?
- The Dubai Expo was crowded! As was the New Year's Eve light show at the Burj Khalifa.
- Did you have to show proof of vaccination on location? For example, when entering restaurants, shops, events, etc.?
- I needed to show my vaccine card to go to any indoor venue and the expo.
- Were you required to wear a mask inside restaurants, event spaces, or public transportation? If you were able to choose, did you feel comfortable wearing or not wearing a mask?
- Masks were required, even in outdoor spaces at the expo.
- Did the destination adapt physical distancing in day-to-day situations?
- Physical distancing is very much enforced.
- Did restaurants, businesses, and public services take COVID-related sanitary precautions that you noticed?
- Public services were always disinfecting. Public bathrooms always had a worker that disinfected after each use, and places like the malls were always wiping down escalators and commonly touched surfaces.
- Were most attractions open? Were you able to visit the ones you wanted to attend?
- All attractions I wanted to visit were open!
- Anything you found to be noteworthy about your trip related to traveling with additional restrictions and policies?
- Dubai is taking COVID seriously and doing what they can to be safe, but they don't appear to be locking down or closing any time soon.