Traveling to London and Glasgow during the COVID Pandemic
From Canada on
View Current Restrictions
I visited London and Glasgow for my first international trip since COVID-19. I traveled by train between London and Glasgow.
- How did you enter the country?
- Any difficulties with your vaccination card when entering the destination?
- Was your COVID test result accepted?
- Did the local government ask for travel or health insurance when you arrived?
- Did you experience any challenges with customs, immigration, or the health authorities related to COVID?
- Were you selected for a random health check? If so, what was involved and how did it go?
- If needed, were COVID tests easy to find and book at your destination?
- Yes, they were easy to book online and find in both London and Glasgow.
- Did you have any difficulties with testing or receiving your results on time?
- Was this destination abnormally crowded or empty?
- Both cities had a usual amount of people around.
- Did you have to show proof of vaccination on location? For example, when entering restaurants, shops, events, etc.?
- Were you required to wear a mask inside restaurants, event spaces, or public transportation? If you were able to choose, did you feel comfortable wearing or not wearing a mask?
- In London, you were only required to wear a mask on public transportation (and many people did not). In Glasgow, you were required to wear a mask in public indoor spaces (restaurants, hotel lobby, public transportation) and people did so.
- Did the destination adapt physical distancing in day-to-day situations?
- Did restaurants, businesses, and public services take COVID-related sanitary precautions that you noticed?
- Hand sanitizer was out and available, and employees in businesses wore masks.
- Were there additional requirements to travel within the region?
- Were most attractions open? Were you able to visit the ones you wanted to attend?