Traveling to Uzbekistan during the COVID Pandemic
From Georgia on
View Current Restrictions
Slow travelling across Uzbekistan by train - from the remote Aral Sea, through famous silk road cities, and ending in the lesser visited Fergana Valley.
- How did you enter the country?
- Any difficulties with your vaccination card when entering the destination?
- No, a PCR test was required on arrival regardless of vaccine status.
- Was your COVID test result accepted?
- Did the local government ask for travel or health insurance when you arrived?
- The local government didn't ask for health insurance when I arrived. Although the Tourism Minister website recommends insurance, the Uzbekistan government has a commitment to travelers that if COVID is caught in the country, hospital costs are covered by them with a $3,000 program.
- If needed, were COVID tests easy to find and book at your destination?
- Yes, I was able to find low-cost testing facilities in all major cities.
- Did you have any difficulties with testing or receiving your results on time?
- No, I received my results very quick.
- Was this destination abnormally crowded or empty?
- It was much quieter than normal, making it a perfect time to visit.
- Did you have to show proof of vaccination on location? For example, when entering restaurants, shops, events, etc.?
- No, due to the very low number of cases numbers in the country there are minimal restrictions.
- Were you required to wear a mask inside restaurants, event spaces, or public transportation? If you were able to choose, did you feel comfortable wearing or not wearing a mask?
- No, although some people were using masks, particularly on trains.
- Did the destination adapt physical distancing in day-to-day situations?
- Not really, due to the control of the situation there isn't a need currently.
- Were there additional requirements to travel within the region?
- Just to have a negative PCR COVID test on arrival. Some land borders to neighboring countries remain closed at this time.
- Were most attractions open? Were you able to visit the ones you wanted to attend?
- Yes, everything I wished to visit was open as normal.
- Were there any surprising or unexpected COVID policies on your trip?
- How relaxed the situation was, especially coming from Europe, it felt almost normal.